LED Lighting Brisbane North
We can assist with your LED lighting needs
Moreton Bay Solar Air Electrical are the experts in LED lighting solutions for your home or business. Our team of qualified, experienced Brisbane northside electricians can provide advice and installation on the range of LED lights on offer. We service the north Brisbane region including North Lakes, Chermside and Strathpine.
LED Lighting Brisbane North
Our experienced team can install all your LED lights.
We can advise on the best LED lighting solutions for your home or business. Reduce your power bill, install LED lights today.
Moreton Bay Solar Air Electrical for all your Brisbane north lighting needs.
LED Lighting Solutions
LED lighting is a light emitting diode; an energy efficient lighting product. Although LED lights come at a slightly higher initial cost their long life and high energy efficiency will save you money in the long run.
The benefits of using LED
LED lights are highly energy efficient, using approximately 85% less energy than halogen or incandescent lighting, they also have a much longer lifespan, lasting between 30 000 to 50 000 hours. The main benefits of the LED Brisbane, include the following:
- LED lights use about 85% less energy than incandescent and halogen lights,
- LED lighting uses about 5% less energy than compact fluorescent (CFL) lights,
- They save you money on your power bills with energy efficiency,
- LED lights have a long lifespan; between 30 000-50000 hours, depending on the globe,
- They reach full brightness instantly,
- They don't contain mercury or lead,
- They don't emit UV rays or infrared radiation,
- LED lighting solutions operate at a much cooler temperature, making them a safer option than halogens, and won’t contribute to your cooling bills in Summer.
How to choose the right LED light
With a range of options available, it can be confusing when it comes to deciding on the right LED light. Below are some points to consider.
- Wattage - energy efficiency in lighting is all about reducing the wattage. For example, a standard halogen downlight uses 55 watts, you can replace that with an LED alternative, ranging from 4.5 to 14 watts. Generally, the higher the wattage, the higher the output of light.
- Beam spread - this refers to the angle of light coming from the fitting. Standard ceiling heights are between 2.4 metres and 2.7 metres, a wide beam spread of 60 degrees or more is recommended. Ceilings higher than 2.7 metres require a narrower beam spread, less than 50 degrees and more lights will be needed.
- Warm white and cool white - this comes down to personal preference, however, cool white is best suited to task areas, such as the kitchen and laundry, whilst warm white creates a more intimate atmosphere, more suited to bedrooms and the lounge room.
What about LED light strips?
It can be fun to create a feature that’s a little bit different from the norm when decorating your home, and if you’re interested in a unique, energy efficient form of lighting, you can’t go past LED light strips. LED strip lighting is a type of light that is made up of a series of LEDs, set into a strip, that is then affixed to a surface; they come in different lengths and different light outputs.
An excellent use for LED light strips is underneath your overhead kitchen cabinets, to allow the light to shine directly onto your work surfaces. You can also use it inside display cabinets or underneath shelves to illuminate the objects that are being displayed. LED strip lighting can be used indoors or outdoors; underneath benchtops, in the landscaping or as part of your pool lighting.
Looking for LED lights in Brisbane?
Moreton Bay Solar Air Electrical can help with all your LED light needs. Contact our team today on 07 3883 2119 or complete our booking request for a quote.