Split System Installation
Your local team for split system air con installation
Moreton Bay Solar Air Electrical are locally based in Redcliffe and service the entire Brisbane north region, including Redcliffe and Caboolture. Our team of experienced technicians can complete all your split system installations covering all models and brands, however, we're specialists in quality Fujitsu and Mitsubishi Electric systems.
Versatile cooling options
We can find the perfect system for your home
Split system air conditioning has a climate control option for every application and budget.
Fitting your split system
Split system air conditioners are best suited to cooling multiple rooms or an open area. They can assist in regulating the temperature in larger rooms such as a lounge room or master bedroom. They are energy efficient, quiet and aesthetically pleasing.
These units must be installed by a professional. When planning your air conditioning installation, consider a location outside for the compressor and inside for the internal fan unit, approximately 200-300mm from the ceiling. Having your split system installation located on the same wall will help keep costs to a minimum.
What size do I need?
The starting point when considering an air conditioner installation is the size of the room that you’ll be cooling. A general rule of thumb is you’ll need 1-1.5 kilowatts of cooling capacity for every ten square metres (sqm) of space. For example, if your room is 20 sqm, you’ll need a 2.8kw unit, for 30 sqm, you’ll need a 4.2kw unit.
There are other factors that will affect the size of unit you choose for your aircon installation, including:
- Height of the ceiling,
- Whether or not your ceiling and walls are insulated,
- The location and size of the windows and the direction they face,
- The climate you are living in.
Features to consider when choosing a split system
- Reverse cycle - most split system air conditioner allow for heating, as well as cooling.
- Air purifiers- use a filtration system to clear the air of harmful pollutants, such as fine dust, dust mite debris, smoke particles or bacteria, to create a cleaner and more comfortable environment within the home.
- Fan speed - most units give the option of fan speeds, depending on your personal choice.
- Remote control - a handy feature, especially in the bedroom.
- Some split system air conditioners offer a humidity control function to regulate the amount of moisture in the air.
- To keep your energy bills to a minimum, look out for a split system air conditioner with an energy saving mode.
The split system installation experts
Moreton Bay Solar Air Electrical are your local air conditioning installers for Brisbane north, North Lakes, and Caboolture. Contact our team for a no obligation quote on 07 3883 2119 or complete our booking request form today.